How to Pick the Best Tent to Ensure a Comfortable and Safe Refuge While Camping
An essential piece of equipment, for your camping experience is having a tent, How to find the best fit for yourself among so many options out there.
The first thing you should decide are the tent dimensions which you require.
Tents are constructed to house a particular number of individuals. A solo backpacker could be seeking out a tent that is an lot smaller than a family of campers that require a larger tent to sleep comfortably.
Most common among hikers is two person tent.
Basically, there are four tent components: namely the poles, tent body, rain fly and the tarp which is groundsheet that will protect your floor and keep you dry.
Apart from these primary components, there are many other things to consider:
1. Consider your wishes. Know your particular tent requirement. Are you camping only at summer or during other seasons as well? Do you like hiking and backpacking? These questions can provide you with a clear idea of what type of tent you'll need.
2. Set your budget. When you allocate a finances earlier than you go searching out for a tent, it is less likely that you will overspend.
3. Tent weight and size. How many individuals might be sleeping n the tent? If your intention is backpacking or hiking then consider a “mild-weight” tent or light weight.
4. Tent functions. Today, the tent manufactures are offering additional features that will make your stay inside the tent safer and more pleasant.
Mesh panels allow the breeze flow through your tent at the same time maintain the mosquitoes and bugs out, “shock-corded” tent poles allow speedy setup, water-proof and flame resistant for safety, a rain fly for introduced rain protection, etc.
Tent vestibules are like mudrooms at the front of a tent or along its sides. They provide extra space to stash your gear out-of-the-way in a cramped multi-person tent, or a place to change out of wet, muddy gear before you get into the clean, dry end of your tent.
Make sure you select the tent that corresponds to all your fundamental requirements.
5. Make sure you choose a tent from durable material. It will cost you greater money, however it will be well worthy. Tent’s coating is very important. Coating of your rainfly and groundsheet should be waterproof and shiny. If this isn't visible or you can not experience this on the tent’s fabric, than it isn't thick sufficient to face up to heavy use.
6. Select the right tent shade. Certain colours generate a brighter interior, whereas others create a cave-like and dreary ambience.
Take notice that lighter colors are nice for summer tenting since they have a tendency to be cooler whereas dark shades are able to absorb more heat so they they are awesome when camping during cold weather.
7. Know which type of the tent you need? Summer or all season tent...
Almost all tents available in the marketplace have climate ratings. Make sure that you buy a tent specifically made for a certain weather situation or season that you will be out camping.
While in the wilderness inadequate tent equipment may not kill you, it is able to ruin your camping vacation and make you return home earlier. To avoid that, make sure you have a proper tent. Remember, it will be your home for some days. Having the right tent will maintain you comfortable and warm especially on rainy and cold nights.
If you are all year camper and hiker, we have chosen for you best tents on the market...Check our suggestions below.
GET FREE CAMPING EBOOK